Because we didn’t eat enough chocolate for the holidays, how about a quick and easy method to chocolate cake? There’s no time to think about Christmases past, it’s time to look ahead to Valentines day, everyones doing it! This is actually a very fun recipe and great for kids. It doesn’t take much to do and it always taste good. Have some fun and a quick piece of cake!
30-Second Chocolate Cake
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt:
• 4 oz chocolate (bittersweet preferably)
Add and thoroughly whisk together:
• 4 large eggs
• 6 tablespoons sugar
• 3 tablespoons flour
- Pass the mixture through a strainer to remove any lumps and to filter out the chalazaes (the little white strands that attach the yolk to the egg white). Transfer to whipper and charge with one whipped cream charger.
- Spray mixture into a greased glass, ramekin, or whatever microwave safe container you will cook it in, leaving at least the top thirdof the container empty. (A clear glass is nice to use, as you can can see the cake rise and fall as it cooks.)
- Microwave for 30 seconds or until the foam has set.
- Flip onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar.
(For better-tasting results, try adding Nutella or Fluff: Spray a thin layer of cake batter, drop a spoonful of filling into the center, and then spray more cake batter on top of and around the filling.)