- 1 cup / 120 g flour
- 1 cup / 120 g wholewheat flour
- ½ cup / 40 g rolled oats, roasted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup / 130 g brown sugar
- 1½ cups / 360 g yogurt
- ¼ cup / 30 g butter, melted
- 1½ cups / 200 g apple, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups / 200 g carrots, roughly chopped
- ½ cup / 50 g chopped walnuts, roasted
- ½ cup / 100 g raisins, soaked in rum
INGREDIENTS FOR A 0.5 L / 1 US PINT WHIPPER:
- 70 g / 2.5 oz. sugar with 30 ml / 1 fl. oz. water
- 100 ml / 3.4 fl. oz. milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 300 ml / 10.1 fl. oz. heavy cream
Whisk the eggs with the sugar until foamy. Mix the apple, carrot, rum raisins, walnuts, and yogurt and then stir into the foamy egg mixture. Mix all of the dry ingredients and stir into the other ingredients with the butter.
Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
PREPARATION VANILLA AND CARAMEL TOPPING:
To make the caramel sauce, mix the sugar with the water and cook until it is a light caramel (stop stirring after it reaches boiling point) . Add the milk and bring the mixture back to a boil briefly if the sugar begins to clump.
Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the pulp.
Add to the caramel sauce and mix with the cream.
Pass the mixture through the iSi Funnel + Sieve directly into the 0.5 L / 1 US Pint Whipper.
Screw on one N20 Cream Charger and shake vigorously. Chill in the refrigerator.
Decorate the cooled cupcakes with the topping and enjoy immediately.