Many people don’t realize this but whipped cream dispensers can make a lot more then whipped cream. Espumas, soups, foams and yogurt to mention a few. The whipped cream dispensers will expand your baking and cooking on a whole new level, so lets get experimenting!
Check out some of these recipes.
Tip* Some of these recipes call for a ISI Gourmet or ISI Thermo Whip dispenser, as they allow you to make hot foods. If you do not have either of these dispensers you can puchase a silicone gasket which will fit in all ISI dispensers. This gasket will allow you to make hot food items, in any ISI dispenser. You can purchase that here:
This recipe can be prepared in the 1 L iSi dispensers. Please cut the quantities in half for 0.5 L iSi dispensers.
- 3/4 cups cream
- 3/4 cups of yogurt
- 5 tbsp. syrup (strawberry, raspberry or blueberry syrup. Please make sure that the syrup does not contain any kernels or fruit pulp!)
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into the dispenser. Screw on 1 N20 charger and shake vigorously. The quantity of syrup can be reduced or increased to taste.
This recipe can be prepared in the 0.5 L iSi Gourmet Whip.
- 0.5 L pineapple juice (100% natural)
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- sugar to taste
Preparation: Mix pineapple juice with sugar (to taste) and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Then strain through a fine sieve. Heat the soaked and pressed out gelatin in some pineapple juice (60° C), add to the rest of the mixture and stir in. Let it cool off, pour it into the 0.5 L iSi Gourmet Whip. Screw on 1 iSi cream charger and shake vigorously. Cool for several hours in the refrigerator.
Serving suggestion: Use with various desserts or with exotic entrées.
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups white wine
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup meyer lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- ¼ cup water
1. Put the first three ingredients into a saucepan on medium-high heat and reduce to down to ½ a cup. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into a blender along with the white wine shallot reduction and puree until smooth. Check the seasoning, you may need to add more salt and Tabasco depending on the size of the avocados.
3. Place the mixture into an ISI whip cream dispenser and apply two charges of CO2. Allow to rest for 30 minutes and then turn the canister over and carefully press the button allowing the hollandaise to emerge.
This recipe can be prepared with the 0.5 L iSi Gourmet Whip PLUS or iSi Thermo Whip PLUS.
- 2/3 cups smoked salmon
- 3/4 cups cream
- 3/4 cups fish stock
- 1 tbsp Pernod or white wine
- salt, pepper
Preparation: Purée the fish stock and the finely cut smoked salmon in a blender (food processor) and strain through a fine sieve, then add the cream. Season with Pernod or white wine and the spices and pour into the 0.5 L iSi Gourmet or Thermo Whip dispenser. Dispense 1 N20 cartridge and shake vigorously. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
Serving suggestion: Arrange on appetizer spoons with garnish.