White Tomato Foam
Ingredients for a 0.5 L (1 US Pint) Whipper:
1 kg (2.2 lbs) tomatoes (to prepare the clear tomato stock)
2 sheets of gelatin (4 g [0.15 oz] powdered gelatin)
150 ml ( cup) heavy cream
lime juice, white pepper, and salt
1. Puree the tomatoes with the salt. Leave the tomatoes to drain through a cloth and cool overnight and collect the clear tomato stock.
2. Soften the gelatin in cold water. Warm up 2–3 tbsp. of tomato stock and dissolve the gelatin in it.
3. Mix 300 ml (1 ¼ cups) of clear tomato stock and the cream and stir together with the dissolved gelatin. Season to taste with the lime juice, salt, and white pepper.
4. Pass the mixture through the iSi Funnel & Sieve directly into the 0.5 L (1 US Pint) Whipper.
5. Screw on one N20 Cream Charger and shake vigorously.
6. Leave to cool in the refrigerator for several hours. Shake vigorously before serving.