1 1/2 cups cake flour (sifted)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp cornstarch (mixed with 2Tbsp cold water)
1 cup regular Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla (or to taste)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour three 6″ cake rounds, line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat on med-high until pale and fluffy (2-3mins).
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour (3 additions of flour and 2 of milk). Fully incorporating after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pans. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Place cakes on wire rack to cool for 10mins then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Cook foe 2 minutes, stirring occasionally being careful not to break the blueberries. Slowly add cornstarch slurry while stirring blueberries. Bring back to a boil and cook until thickened (30 – 60 seconds). Cool completely before using. If too thick, add some water to thin out.
- Thoroughly mix together ingredients in dispenser. Replace cap, charge with one cylinder and shake.
- Place one layer of cake onto a cake stand or serving dish. Top with 1/3rd of the whipped cream then 1/3rd of the blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Repeat for remaining layers. Serve immediately or place in the fridge. Serve same day.