- 0.5 inch-radius ball of mozzarella cheese, about 28g
- Thickened, flavored liquid ( this is what goes in the mozzarella balloon)
- Fill cream whipper with however much flavored liquid is appropriate. My cream whipper takes up to 0.5 liters, so I fill it up to that amount.
- Microwave mozzarella ball for about 10 seconds or until soft and pliable. The mozzarella should be very hot, almost a bit too hot to handle. Alternatively, you can heat up the mozzarella ball in a water bath.
- Wrap mozzarella ball around the dispensing tip of the cream whipper so that all expelled foam will be caught or surrounded by mozzarella cheese.
- Slowly dispense foam from cream whipper until the mozzarella balloon forms. Look carefully while inflating and stop if one section of the balloon is getting too translucent. If it breaks, don’t worry; just compact the mozzarella and place it in hot water again.
- Carefully remove the mozzarella filled with foam from the tip, making sure no foam escapes. Close off the open end by twirling the end or pinching it in.