Very often we get asked about alternatives to using heavy whipping cream. Whether you are Vegan or just interested in an alternative to using heavy or regular whipping cream, we have your solution. This is one of the best coconut whipped cream recipes I have ever tried.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, room temperature (check in the Asian food section for this)
- 1 vanilla bean (or vanilla powder or vanilla extract to taste)
- 1/8 cup honey ( or to taste)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (you may have to warm this up a little to melt it)
- Mix coconut milk, honey, maple syrup and oil together. Mix this in a large measuring cup with a spout so that it is easy to pour later.
- Slice the vanilla bean open and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the cream mixture.
- Mix really well, there should be no lumps or clumps of seeds as they may plug the dispenser.
- Pour into whipped cream dispenser.
- Add the nitrous oxide and shake vigorously.